Disable 32-bit warning

Is there any way to globally disable the warning that pops up when I run a 32-bit executable?

It's interferring with testing on build bots: I have to log in using screen sharing and manually dismiss the dialog, otherwise the test executable will wait forever... and the tests will be detected as hung, killed, and marked as a failure.

So: I'd like to know if I can disable this warning completely on my build bots, so that it never ever pops up ever again.

Replies

The warning is working as designed. Your test bots will die in six months when the 32-bit code stops working.

Only bots we upgrade to macOS 10.15 will stop running 32-bit executables. Given that we still support macOS 10.9 with our product, it'll be a long time before we can drop 32-bit support.

Also I'm getting the warning for apps launched in 32-bit iOS simulators as well. As far as I know those won't die in six months.

10.6 was the last operating system that would run in a pure 32-bit environment, and only then on old hardware with special boot arguments. If you support 10.9, there is no reason you can't drop all 32-bit support.

Given that we still support macOS 10.9 with our product, it'll be a long time before we can drop 32-bit support.

10.9 supports 64-bit apps only.