Battery Life on iPad 10.5 iOS 12.1

I've noticed over the last few days that the battery life on my iPad pro 10.5 is very poor. For example, according to screen time, it was used for 2 minutes during the weekend yet it lost nearly 50% battery. In addition, its failed to back up over the last 2 weeks, even though it has been connected to power, locked and connected to wifi as required. it just sits there estimating time remaining.

I did a bit of poking around with Instruments and noticed that CPU load is constantly high (over 80%) and the culprit seems to be keybagd.

Im not running any beta OS versions, just 12.1 (16B92)

Has anyone else seen this?

Replies

As an update to this, I've just put 12.1.1 beta 3 on it, and im seeing the same behaviour

I've resolved this now. No idea what was going on but had to resort to a full backup and sync via iTunes, then a restore back to the 12.1.1 beta 3 followed by a restore of my backup.

The problem has gone away.

Hi. I can relate to that but on an iPhone. I’ve noticed my phone wasn’t lasting as long and the battery life was below normal on my regular days use. So I went into to my settings and “battery” option and it said something about my iPhone using more battery life since updating iOS. Is this maybe only me that has this problem?