Thread 1: signal SIGABRT error only when downloading app to my phone

Good afternoon:

I'm having issues with testing a couple of different small basic apps I created only when downloading them to my phone for personal testing.

I have downloaded these into my phone in past weeks without any issue and these wroked perfectly fine but now when I download them again this week, they do not run.

They perform prefectly well in the simulator and in past weeks they also performed well in the simulator and in my phone after downloading them but now any time I download them and run them in the phone, via Xcode, they stop working and a Thread 1: signal SIGABRT error is shown in the debugg navigator.

Any possible idea of what could be going wrong? I'm using Xcode 9.4.1 and my Iphone 7 runs on IOS 11.4.1. I'm working under Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6.

I have not changed anything in both apps and as I mentioned before, both were able to download and work in the phone just last week.

Now I only can run them in the simulator but not in the phone since they crash.

Any possible idea of waht could be going on?

I tried to load them in a different phone (an older phone Iphone 6) but they do exaclty the same so I assume that may be has something to do with Xcode or some file.

Is there any cache file or prefs file that can be erased and recreated that coud be causing this issue?

Here is a picture of the error that comes only when running on the phone:

Here is another screen of the other instance in Thread 1:

Sorry for being so basic in my explanation but I'm just learning to code and this is pretty strange and frustratiing since I have not changed anything in the code or the phone.

I'll appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!

srivera40

Accepted Reply

>Here is another screen

Note that images can be added here, but others aren't alllowed to see them - seeFor Best Results - Read the Label

About your issue(s) - do you have a valid paid Developer Program account, or are you using Xcode's free provisioning?

Replies

>Here is another screen

Note that images can be added here, but others aren't alllowed to see them - seeFor Best Results - Read the Label

About your issue(s) - do you have a valid paid Developer Program account, or are you using Xcode's free provisioning?

Here is a picture of the error that comes only when running on the phone:

Unfortunately DevForums does not let you post images. You can post a link to an image if necessary (it’ll require moderator approval, but that’s not generally a problem) but in this case what’s likely to be most useful is a symbolicated crash report. See Technote 2151 Understanding and Analyzing iOS Application Crash Reports for details.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Dear Eskimo:

Just posted a reply to KMT. I hope you can read it.

If you have any suggestion, I´ll highly appreciate your input.

I´ll read the "Undeestanding and Analyzing IOS Application Crash Reports" to see if I can understand what is going on.

Thanks!