macOS missing archived-expanded-entitlements.xcent

Hi,

I'm trying to export my macOS app and failing at the point where archive is about to be signed.

It doesn't matter if I set automatic signing or manual with all provisioning profiles, it's same behavior.

So, basically I can't export the app and distribute it as this is absolute blocker.

App uses number of frameworks (I have full source for all of them) and error that I get relates to each of the frameworks embeded.

One of the frameworks is SDL2 and this is error for this particular framework:

[OPTIONAL] Didn't find archived user entitlements for <DVTFilePath:0x7fe440530bc0:'/Users/developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2018-11-20/JuliesSweetsMAC 20-11-2018, 14.57.xcarchive/Products/Applications/JuliesSweetsMAC.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL2.framework/Versions/A'>: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 "Item at "/Users/developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2018-11-20/JuliesSweetsMAC 20-11-2018, 14.57.xcarchive/Products/Applications/JuliesSweetsMAC.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL2.framework/Versions/A" did not contain a "archived-expanded-entitlements.xcent" resource." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Item at "/Users/developer/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2018-11-20/JuliesSweetsMAC 20-11-2018, 14.57.xcarchive/Products/Applications/JuliesSweetsMAC.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL2.framework/Versions/A" did not contain a "archived-expanded-entitlements.xcent" resource.}

XCode version is: Version 10.1 (10B61)

What am I missing here? Any help is appreciated.

Replies

I believe I was having the same problem. Without having touched my provisioning profiles/certificates, and without having modified the frameworks I am embedding, Xcode 10.1 started failing during the developer signed export. The solution that worked for me is somewhat of an anticlimax: I restarted my computer.

Same problem. Rebooting didn't help, nor did removing the complained-about library from the "embedded libraries" section of the project.

This is ridiculous.

There are a lot of wheels within wheels here. First up, what version of Xcode are you using. The earlier posts on this thread are using Xcode 10.1, bt I expect you’ve upgraded since then.

Second, where are you hitting this error? The logs that Vedran Klanac posted are for a framework, and a framework should not have entitlements applied to it at all (entitlements are only relevant for executables). So, if you’re hitting this problem for a framework, you need to look at why your framework is asking for an entitlement at all. But if you’re hitting this problem for an executable, you need to investigate the specific entitlements in play.

Finally, are you targeting the Mac App Store? Or shipping independently via Developer ID?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"