Creating LoginUI and User Authentication via Cloud Firestore

Hey all, I'm very new to iOS development (learning as I go) and this is probably a simple question/answer, but I've been looking everywhere and can't find a clear answer...

Background: I created the entire UI for my app via Figma (comparable to Sketch). First, I exported the PNG for the LoginUI and added it as an ImageView to the MainStoryboard (EntryPoint). I've been trying to outlet the UI SubViews (email and password text fields), but the controller isn't recognizing the subViews (email/password textFields and login button) and keeps trying to connect the entire ImageView. I know I could redesign the entire app design within XCode and create the outlets/actions that way, but I figure there must be a better way. So I ask, what's the most efficient way of adding outlets and actions for an ImageView that contains all of the textfields and buttons (pre-designed)? Can storyboards recognize subViews? Or do I have to do this programatically?

Target to Accomplish: I'm trying to take the LoginUI I've created, enable users to input their email & password, and log the user into Cloud Firestore. After the user is authenticated once, I'd like to automatically load the user profile when the app launches from there on (skip login step)

I'd really appreciate some help here?