Is there a way to download payments data programmatically from App Store Connect?

I see that it's currently possible to report payments and tax information manually from the App Store Connect user interface, per the 'View Payment Information' section of the App Store Connect help documentation.

Is there any way to retrieve this information programmatically, either via the REST API or the Reporter command line tool?

The 'Finance' reports that are available through the developer tools show developer proceeds in the original currency of the transaction, not in the developer's currency post-conversion. Without currency conversion and tax information, the 'Finance' reports are not particularly useful for accounting purposes.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of wdantzler Down vote post of wdantzler
9.5k views
Add a Comment

Replies

Hi wdantzler!

Neither the REST API nor the Reporter command line tool currently support downloading exchange rate data. Financial reports show data in the original currency only. As you said, you can retrieve post-conversion information from App Store Connect once proceeds have been paid out, but this information is not available via the API.

I think the trouble is that since the exchange rate is not established until the payment has actually been made, the choice would be either to delay the financial reports until the payment date – which is depriving developers of useful information – or to mutate the reports suddenly when the extra information becomes available, which means that the report you downloaded yesterday may be not the report you download today.

What we do is download the detailed financial report when it becomes available, and when the payment report becomes available, listing the amount for each region in the region's currency and our home currency, we run a process on the database to infer the exchange rate and fill in "home currency" amounts for each app and subscription. It is a bore but not a huge bore, since it is only monthly and it is only one entry per region rather than per-app-and-IAP-and-region.

• This is what we do too. Have never found a better way. The issue now is that 2 factor auth is required so the software we wrote to automate this process is now broken. Back to the stone ages of manual downloading.

Add a Comment
Hi,

I know this is a very old question, but I want to reopening it.

Why you couldnt add the Paid Out report when it has been done to API as new report? You have that info and we can download manually that report from Apple Connect Site, so I dont understand why we cannot download that report via API to consolidate all earnings in the paid currency (even if we consolidate info from 2 months ago because the delay of this info).

Please, consider it because I think all of us that are using API to download financial reports automatically need that exchange rate.

Thanks in advance
This is a pretty significant API failure on the part of Apple. Can you please add the Estimated Proceeds (USD) to the sales report so it has parity with the CSVs downloadable via the Sales & Trends web interface on the App Store Connect web interface?

At this point the most tenable way to automate our reporting is to scrape the app store connect page, to get that report, which is totally nuts!
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of azey Down vote reply of azey
  • Agreed, and now with 2 factor auth required our scraping program fails. Totally nuts is about right.

Add a Comment
Hi,
I am also looking for a way to download Finance report with Exchange rate, using API. Is it still not supported by Apple Appstore Connect? Did you find any alternative to pull these details.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Sat
Absolutely unbelievable this isn't included in the API response. This makes the API completely useless, what am I supposed to do with local rates that I don't know the exchange rates of?
I need this too.
Would very much need this as well.

Any updates here? Without that feature it's impossible to automate the download of financial data broken down to specific apps. We have the urgent need to calculate the amount of effective proceeds in local currency for one of our apps, since we have to pay a share of that to third party. Without this feature this is impossible todo in an efficient, automated way. Please consider an extension of the API.

Thanks

Jürgen

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of jfk Down vote reply of jfk

Hi. This doesn't help if you're using the API, but I had the same question, and tried every version of Create Financial Reports - all suck as described above - no simple total of how much I received in my own currency, even though surely Apple has this in their database, since they paid it to me and can show me on the webpage.

Then I noticed the tiny little "box with down arrow" icon below paid-date. This at least gives me a csv with the same info shown on the page!!

Eagerly waiting for this feature!

Waiting for this too!

This is an institutionalised bug; I filed FB5446792 in 2017.....

I need it too.

Just build a site because i need the amount of money of every subscription. Maybe someone can use it too: showmethe.cash