How to Invoke app in iOS after every phone call ends

We want to implement the following features in iOS for getting the call related information.

1. Can it possible to invoke our application after a phone call is ends ?

2. There is any event which is get when user receive a call from a number which is registered in our application in both case

A. Call is intitated by application itself.

B. Call is intitated by default Phone dailer of iPhone.

As per my finding, getting the call log is not allowed in iOS as answer in bellow link :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18096950/invoking-app-in-ios-after-every-phone-call-ends

Please advice us if there is any way to get the calls log using the latest CallKit framework or other one.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

1. Can it possible to invoke our application after a phone call is ends ?

No.

2. There is any event which is get …

No.

As per my finding, getting the call log is not allowed in iOS

Correct.

Please advice us if there is any way to get the calls log using the latest CallKit framework or other one.

CallKit’s primary purpose is to allow VoIP apps to integrate with the system’s phone UI. It does not help you with monitoring the user’s phone activity.

Are you building this app for a managed environment, like an business or school? Or for deployment to general users via the App Store?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi eskimo,

Thanks for a quick & helpful response !!

Your provided information is helpful for clearing my doubt.

Are you building this app for a managed environment, like an business or school? Or for deployment to general users via the App Store?

: We are developning our appliction for an enterprise not for deploying the app on Appstore for general user. this app user is for some specific domain & will have an track of meeting calls in our app & store that information.

Please let us know if you can further advice us as per our response on your query.

Thanks once again.

To start, I want to be clear that the rules of the road for enterprise apps are exactly the same as the rules of the road for App Store apps. Specifically, the have access to exactly the same APIs in the iOS SDK.

What is different is the environment in which the app runs. If you’re building an app for a specific managed environment, you can assume services provided by that environment. In your case there’s two possible services that might come in handy:

• MDM has access to information to information that’s not available via any API. I don’t know if this includes detailed phone records, but you can check for yourself in the Mobile Device Management Protocol Reference.

• If your enterprise provides these phones to your employees, you may be able to get access to these records via the cellular provider’s systems.

In both cases you wouldn’t have your app talk directly to the information provider, but instead set up a web service that provides this app for the benefit of your app.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"