App is not being reviewed by Apple

Hi there,

I'm an indie developer. One of my App is not being reviewed by apple. Apple changed the status "In review" 6 days ago but it's been 6 days it's still "In Review" mode. As we all know apple does not more than 24 hours for app review. Does anybody know what is the issue? Thanks in advance.

Replies

The time taken for app review is very variable. I am not Apple, but from observation, it depends partly on how thorough a review they are giving the app this time and on how busy they are.

In the old days one used to have to allow the best part of a week for the app review of an update to an existing app. Then something in the process must have got streamlined, because one or two days became the norm. But it has never been possible to assume "24 hours".

For new apps the review process is usually longer than for updates. It may also be longer depending on the exact features that the new app uses – for instance, if in-app purchases are involved.

So almost certainly nothing sinister is going on in your case. Wait another week, and if there is still no sign, ask the developer support people to check. Only once in the entire history of the App Store did we have an update "lost in the system", and that was because we had implemented subscriptions for the first time, and there was a policy question that someone needed to sort out, and for one reason another he didn't get on to it until pushed.

"In review" doesn't mean the app is being actively reviewed. It's just another stage in the queue. It could be a long time before the app is actually reviewed and accepted (or rejected).

> Does anybody know

It might help if you talked about the app...what type/category (guessing a game), etc. Big, small, medical, etc. Any IAP, remote downloads, first app, what countries it will be sold into, etc.

We all know that Apple only takes 24 hours to review an app? I didn't know that. Sometimes it takes a a week or more in my experience.

Dont worry, mine is in 18 days, and still "In Review"