A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found

Hi,

I have the following error, "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found" in Xcode 10. Though the build is successful it fails to run on physical devices. Does anyone face the same problem after updating Xcode to v10?

This is after updating to Xcode 10. Building with Xcode 9 worked without issues.

I've checked the other discussions about the error, but none of the solutions works.

Steps tried:

• Uninstalling Xcode, deleting any preferences and files related to it.
  • Installing Xcode on a completely different Mac.
  • Testing with different devices
  • Disabling device in developer profile and letting Xcode enable it again.
  • Deleting all certificates in the developer portal and recreating them
  • Unchecking and rechecking "Automatically manage signing"
  • Trashing the provisioning profile and letting Xcode recreate it
  • Creating a manual provisioning profile in the developer profile In a "File/Project Settings and then Select "Legacy Build System"
  • It has been tested from 2 different mac's, creating independent user accounts, installing Xcode from scratch and different iPhone.

I can generate the executable (IPA) without any problem and submitting my iOS Apps to the App Store, including the certificates manually that I download from the Apple Developer website.

Version of my Mac: 10.14 (18A391)

Version of my Xcode: 10.1 (10B61)

Version of my Safari: 12.0 (14606.1.36.1.9)

Any advise would be appreciated.

Replies

The second to the last bullet...was it followed up with an 'option-clean build folder'?

For that matter, did any steps include an O-CBF?

None of the actions described here helped me resolve the same problem. Even tried Xcode 10.2 Beta with no resolution.

My app worked fine, but I tried it yesterday and it initializes and dies. Then I found there was a visually small window running, but when I clicked on it, it died. Thinking it was a symptom of iOS 12.1.4, I decided to recompile, but then ran into the "valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found" problem.

Hi,

I bumped into this problem today (using Xcode 10.1).

I found a work around for my issue via this article:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52424462/xcode-10-a-valid-provisioning-profile-for-this-executable-was-not-found

In summary, first clean the build folder (option-> Clean Build) then change the build settings to the legacy build settings. (File->Project Settings->Build System->Legacy Build System).