"Not Playable" error for some songs in my library.

While using the MusicKitJS library to request songs from my library, there are some songs returned that have no play params. This causes a "Not Playable" error when trying to play them after setting them in the queue. To get these songs to work, I have discovered I need to delete them and re-add them to my apple account from my iPhone. This seems odd, and also messes with my playlist for recently added songs.

I will note, that there are more then 30 songs in my library of 800 that this is occuring with.

Also when I open the music app on my phone, and go to search and search for any of these 30 songs that have no play params, it is as if I have not added the song to my library. They have a plus next to them. If I was to add it, two songs of the same name, album, album art, etc are added to my library. The newly added one can be played with MusicKitJS.

Another note, it seems for all of those 30 or so songs, when trying to view there connected album on my iPhone it does nothing. When I click the album name it takes me no where. Are these songs somehow becoming unlinked from the live versions of songs on Apple Music? I've tried deleting the download and redownloading and it still downloaded so the song exists.

Replies

d0lb33 -

Can you provide me a few pieces of information?

1) Your user authorization status.

If you have your developer token, you can quickly access this value under Subscriber Details if you configure your token and run the authenticate sample code at https://js-cdn.music.apple.com/musickit/v1/index.html#authorization

You can also get this value from a JavaScript console with the following accessor:

MusicKit.getInstance().storekit.authorizationStatus

2) A sample or one of the library object responses

If you have configured and authorized yourself using the sample code linked above, you can capture the response for library songshttps://js-cdn.music.apple.com/musickit/v1/index.html#library-songsin the browser console after you run the library songs sample code at https://js-cdn.music.apple.com/musickit/v1/index.html#library-songs

Thanks!

Jae

Authorization Status: 3

Output from library songs call:

Array (25)

0 {id: "i.EYVbQDQImGxE2R", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.EYVbQDQImGxE2R", attributes: Object}

1 {id: "i.rXzZek9SMaYBLr", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.rXzZek9SMaYBLr", attributes: Object}

2 {id: "i.aJGY2W9H3MZKPg", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.aJGY2W9H3MZKPg", attributes: Object}

3 {id: "i.06QNN9YS0zmg5J", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.06QNN9YS0zmg5J", attributes: Object}

4 {id: "i.EYVbbEZfmGxE2R", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.EYVbbEZfmGxE2R", attributes: Object}

5 {id: "i.aJGY224U3MZKPg", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.aJGY224U3MZKPg", attributes: Object}

6 {id: "i.rXzZegGHMaYBLr", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.rXzZegGHMaYBLr", attributes: Object}

7 {id: "i.dlvqED7SzBDoqQ", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.dlvqED7SzBDoqQ", attributes: Object}

8 {id: "i.EYVbB7ZImGxE2R", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.EYVbB7ZImGxE2R", attributes: Object}

9 {id: "i.7PJN14pt0OdmbE", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.7PJN14pt0OdmbE", attributes: Object}

10 {id: "i.rXzZk4GfMaYBLr", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.rXzZk4GfMaYBLr", attributes: Object}

11 {id: "i.rXzZkJmSMaYBLr", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.rXzZkJmSMaYBLr", attributes: Object}

12 {id: "i.B0VNe9mFxoLEMg", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.B0VNe9mFxoLEMg", attributes: Object}

13 {id: "i.dlvq6O7tzBDoqQ", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.dlvq6O7tzBDoqQ", attributes: Object}

14 {id: "i.xrXvRLLTMZ5JDQ", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.xrXvRLLTMZ5JDQ", attributes: Object}

15 {id: "i.vMX1G9ZIg08YrX", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.vMX1G9ZIg08YrX", attributes: Object}

16 {id: "i.rXzZad4SMaYBLr", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.rXzZad4SMaYBLr", attributes: Object}

17 {id: "i.aJGYYWdt3MZKPg", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.aJGYYWdt3MZKPg", attributes: Object}

18 {id: "i.rXzZaZQFMaYBLr", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.rXzZaZQFMaYBLr", attributes: Object}

19 {id: "i.NJv0e5ktl7gB8W", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.NJv0e5ktl7gB8W", attributes: Object}

20 {id: "i.dlvqYepUzBDoqQ", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.dlvqYepUzBDoqQ", attributes: Object}

21 {id: "i.dlvqYpqUzBDoqQ", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.dlvqYpqUzBDoqQ", attributes: Object}

22 {id: "i.7PJN1oWS0OdmbE", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.7PJN1oWS0OdmbE", attributes: Object}

23 {id: "i.B0VNekafxoLEMg", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.B0VNekafxoLEMg", attributes: Object}

24 {id: "i.xrXvR7vUMZ5JDQ", type: "library-songs", href: "/v1/me/library/songs/i.xrXvR7vUMZ5JDQ", attributes: Object}

Note: The first one is one of the ones that won't play, it is 1-800-273-8355 by Logic. If I set queue with that ID I get not playable. There are a few others in this one that will do it do, but note these are only the first 25. I think another one is at array[11], and that song should be Alejandro by Lady Gaga

Really hope you guys can figure this out, would love to not have to readd all of the songs in my library affected. Thanks for any help!