Shall i use the key "Non exempt encryption" for my game?

Hi,

After hours of reading articles about the export compliance and wether to chose yes or no to answer the popup questions regarding encryption

and I know there are a lot of threads about this question but still i could't find a sharp answer, of course this depends on the type of app and what's included in it, In my case I came here to hopefully find an answer from apple regarding my app a game that has one link to its privacy policy, has a third party advertiser and uses analytics services. That said shall I chose No and use the key "ITSAppUsesNonExemptEncryption" in the plist , or chose Yes and submit a year-end self classification report to the US government.

I'm an animation artist and not a professional developer so excuse me if you read any non sense in my questions, if there any software that can help me check if my apps uses encryptions, I will be grateful if you can provide a link or a name for that

Thank you so much

Cheers

Replies

>find an answer from apple

App Review isn't here, there are no pre-reviews and no one here can promise what app review will/won't accept reject.

Otherwise I'm confused why you conflate a privacy policy, 3rd party ads, and analytics, w/encryption. I'll repeat what I am sure you read many times on the 'net...if you don't know if your app uses U.S Govt. export controlled encryption, it most likely doesn't.

>No and use the key "ITSAppUsesNonExemptEncryption

'no' means uses exempt, not non-exempt. Non-exempt means controlled. Exempt means not controlled.

>excuse me if you read any non sense in my questions

Don't worry...it's good you're asking 😉 - pretty hard to use something in an app if you don't know what it is., tho...

If you used export controlled encyption, you'd know. You don't, so say no.