Export Compliance Information exemption qualification?

My game's TestFlight submission has been on hold for at least a week or two because my programmer and I cannot determine how to answer the Export Compliance Information question that asks, "Does your app qualify for any of the exemptions provided in Category 5, Part 2 of the U.S. Export Administration Regulations?"

Our game only uses encryption to prevent (or at least discourage) the player from cheating by easily altering their score, but this is the only way encryption is used.

I've tried emailing and even calling Apple Developer Support. I've tried posting my question to a Facebook game dev group but didn't get any replies. My programmer has tried researching the question on places like Stack Exchange. I posted the question to my Facebook wall and got one response so far that said we would likely not be exempt, but I would like to have some other answers to back it up.

This is very, very frustrating and is hurting our iOS release date. If anyone knows how we should answer this, please let us know.

Thank you!

Replies

The question isn't about if, it's about what type. Perhaps if you discussed those details someone could here could offer up an opinion, etc.

Just remember that's all you'll get here - opinions...no one here can promise what app review will/won't accept reject, app review isn't here, and there are no pre-reviews.

Good luck.