SCNNode appears in debugger but not on device

We're upgrading from Xcode 9.4.1 (iOS 11) to Xcode 10.0 (release version) and iOS 12. Our app has a single SCNNode that acts as a kind of data visualization. After the upgrade, the node appears in the Xcode view debugger, but not the device—it is the same for devices running iOS 11 and iOS 12. The view hierarchy is unchanged, as is the SCNView, and its associated storyboard. Interestingly, enabling `.showWireframe` in the SCNView's `debugOptions` does reveal the wireframe on the devices.

Does anybody know what might have changed with iOS 12 (or Xcode 10?) to cause this problem?

Any help very much appreciated.

Replies

...strange that it's not possible to edit posts. Oh well...

I just wanted to add that we have a TestFlight build, from Xcode 9 (iOS 11)—i.e., before we upgraded to Xcode 10 + iOS 12—that demonstrates the same problem with the SCNNode not being visible when running on iOS 12. Of course, we can't really check the wireframe on that one, but presumably we'd see the same behaviour (wireframe but no visible node). It seems prehaps there's a problem with rendering the material on iOS 12. I can verify the material is at least non-nil at runtime.