Why Apple Health app is an inactive data source?

I'm developing app based on Health Kit and after some time it stopped receiving completion blocks from HealthKit. In Health app it figures as inactive data source and is not listed in apps allowed to read data, despite permission to read it is switched on. Is there a way to fix that? Is it because of query limit, some app blacklisting?

I couldn't find any documentation about this state.

Replies

I am seeing the same issue. Once in a while, my app does not export e.g. blood pressure correlations. Even though in the same run I also export heart rate samples, which are successful.

The strange thing though, is that on the Apple Health dashboard, I DO see my measurement. And I also see it in the chart! But when I go to Show All Data, the measurement is not shown. And if I look in Data Sources & Access, my app is listed as 'Inactive'.

Deleting and reinstalling the app helps to often solve it. But now I have my app exporting blood pressure fine, but still my app is listed as 'inactive'!

I recently rewrote the HeatlhKit export code of my app, in the hopes of (amongst other) fixing this issue. But the new code does the same as the old code, with respect to inactive data source.

I have no clue what's going on. But I think there is some serious bug in the Health App. Anyone can shed some more light on this?

I am seeing the same issue. Once in a while, my app does not export e.g. blood pressure correlations. Even though in the same run I also export heart rate samples, which are successful.

The strange thing though, is that on the Apple Health dashboard, I DO see my measurement. And I also see it in the chart! But when I go to Show All Data, the measurement is not shown. And if I look in Data Sources & Access, my app is listed as 'Inactive'.

Deleting and reinstalling the app helps to often solve it. But now I have my app exporting blood pressure fine, but still my app is listed as 'inactive'!

Can anyone help me with more information?
  • Did anyone ever figure this out? My Apple Health & blood pressure app is doing the same thing. Showing inactive but I can see the data but it is not writing to my Apple health info. I don’t get it. I can’t get it to work for anything. Please let me know, thank you!! Crazy 2 years later & I have the SAME exact issue still today. I don’t get it!

Add a Comment

Did anyone ever figure this out? My Apple Health & blood pressure app is doing the same thing. Showing inactive but I can see the data but it is not writing to my Apple health info. I don’t get it. I can’t get it to work for anything. Please let me know, thank you!! Crazy 2 years later & I have the SAME exact issue still today. I don’t get it!