AVFoundation & 32 bit app

Hi,

I'm struggling to integrate a module for playing video into an old 32 bit carbonaized app (I know, 32 bit dev is deprecated, but I've no choice at moment). I've created an AVAsset which is properly loaded, then a AVPlayerItem with it and then a AVPlayer with the item. I've set an observer to the player item so to get signalled when it's ready to play, but the item never switch state from AVPlayerItemStatusUnknown. I spent lot of time trying to make sense of why, doing many tests, but I still have no idea. The only log message I get on the console is:

Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsMTLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsMTLDriver:  dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsMTLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsMTLDriver, 265): no suitable image found.  Did find:
  /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsMTLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsMTLDriver: mach-o, but wrong architecture
  /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsMTLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsMTLDriver: stat() failed with errno=1

So I suspect that the problem is that I'm trying to build 32 bit arch, which is no more supported (I'm using base SDK 10.13). Am I right?

Can anyone shed a light upon the matter?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.