Why is launch screen not showing?

I just noticed I have the problem of the launch screen not showing as I had before. Instead it shows just black.

Here is my last question about this: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/77733.

I never got a good answer. Anyone know how to fix this?

Accepted Reply

But not in the launch screen where user cannot interact. Do it only in the initial view of the main storyboard.

If you want, you can have the same background as the launch screen, to provide illusion that you remain on the same view. But without navigation in launch screen.

Replies

You said you filed a bug.

What answer did you get ?

launch screen not showing as I had before.

Before what ?

You get a black screen. But then do you go the the initial view controller defined in story board ?

I don't recall filing a bug report.

I mean my launch screen is not showing, just like the problem before this one. It was also not showing before this time that it's not showing. Just a miscommunication.

I do get a black screen instead of the launch screen. Afterwards the app runs as it should, starting with the initial view controller in the Main storyboard.

I was wondering if anyone figured out a way to fix this.

I have had other times when the launch screen showed just a white screen, but didn't show the controls on the view controller.

Is it in simulator and / or on device ?

What is the content of your launch screen ?

It's on a device -- iPhone 5.

The content of the launchscreen is a navigation controller as the initial view controller with a UIViewController as a root view controller.

Why do you make launch screen a navigation controller ?

It should simply be a UIViewController, with static image and text. No user interaction here.

I needed the view controller to show a navigation bar.

But not in the launch screen where user cannot interact. Do it only in the initial view of the main storyboard.

If you want, you can have the same background as the launch screen, to provide illusion that you remain on the same view. But without navigation in launch screen.

Ok. Thank you for your help.