Minutes with black screen at startup

Hello!

I found an error while upgrading to MacOS Mojave

When you upgrade from "High Sierra" to "Mojave" on a system installed on an external SSD connected by USB-C, the partition is converted to APFS.

This means that when the iMac turns on it is left with a black screen for 1 or 2 minutes, any solution for this error with APFS on external SSD hard drives by USB-C?

Replies

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. This also happened with MacOS High Sierra. It was never solved.

I reported it several times as a bug but it was never fixed.

In my particular case I have a fusion drive with APFS and two external disks connected to APFS. If I disconnect the external disks, the iMac boot is instantaneous, if I leave any of the external disks with APFS partition connected it takes 1 minute to boot. If the external disks have a partition other than APFS, everything works normally. The inconsistency is with APFS partitions.

And apparently there is no solution yet.

En mi caso particual tengo una unidad de fusion drive con APFS y dos discos externos conectados con APFS. Si los discos externos los desconecto, el arranque de la iMac es instantáneo, si dejo alguno de los discos externos con particion APFS conectados tarda en arrancar 1 minuto. Si los discos externos tiene otra particion diferente a APFS funciona todo normal. La inconsistencia es con las particiones APFS.

Y por lo visto no hay solucion aun.

Hello, I wanted to tell you that with the last beta (10.14.3 - 18D32a) finally this problem was solved (at least on my iMac)! Now it works as it should have always worked.

Hola, queria contarte que con la última beta (10.14.3 - 18D32a) finalmente este problema fue resuelto (al menos en mi iMac)! Ahora funciona como debería haber funcionado siempre.