Any way to compile apps for iphone 4 / iOS 7?

I want to compile and install an app on my old iPhone 4 running iOS 7 -- is there any way to do that on a 2018 Mac running High Sierra? How about an older Mac running 10.9?

Yesterday I was able to compile the app with XCode 5 on the older Mac -- but there aren't any active profiles on it, and XCode 5 seems like it will no longer connect to the server to download certificates/profiles, so I don't know how I can get the app onto the phone. I tried exporting the Developer Profile from my current machine's XCode, and it seemed to import into XCode 5 -- but it doesn't show any profiles/certificates, and it just shows an error about trying to get information from the server in the section where it would normally show the profiles.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Reply

I got this to work with XCode 6 -- it did not have the provisioning problems of XCode 5. While I wasn't able to set a Base SDK of iOS7, I was able to use iOS 8 and set the minimum deployment target all the way back to iOS 5.1.1, so I can still compile and deploy to my iPad 1 as well as the iPhone 4.

Replies

I got this to work with XCode 6 -- it did not have the provisioning problems of XCode 5. While I wasn't able to set a Base SDK of iOS7, I was able to use iOS 8 and set the minimum deployment target all the way back to iOS 5.1.1, so I can still compile and deploy to my iPad 1 as well as the iPhone 4.