Is there anyway to programmatically enable Mail plugin in Mojave and prevent from user disabling it?

How does Apple expect security vendors to support DLP security in an enterprise environment?

Users can enable/disable plugin though manage plugin UI, which circumvents the security provided the Mail Plugin.

Replies

I doubt the Mail plugin feature was designed for this use case. I'm shocked that Apple added that button. Mail plugins were always unofficial and unsupported hacks.

I suggest using a DTS ticket to see if Apple has some kind of Configuration Profile setting available that could be used to prevent plugins from being disabled.

Thanks for the response.

I did file a bug https://bugreport.apple.com/web/?problemID=45136490

No response from Apple as of yet.

It is highly unlikely that you'll ever get a response from a bug report. Those are mostly aggregated to identify the issues that affect the largest number of people. I doubt anyone cares about this issue other than you. You would have to be really lucky for someone at Apple to take an interest in it. Even then, you would have to be really lucky if this weren't a specific design intention on Apple's part.

I think your only hope is in using a managed environment, perhaps via configuration profiles, to lock this down. If you have contacts in Apple's enterprise vendor support, you could go that route. Otherwise, a DTS ticket is your best bet.