Automatic Trust Enterprise App

We're starting in the enterprise program and found that our app is being marked as untrusted by the iOS. We would not like of the manual intervention of the user.

The devices used by our users are personal, so we would just like to make the app avaible as reliable, we do not want any other controls over the users device. Any body could help? We are completely lost 😟

Replies

It is actually the developer (your company 🙂) that is untrusted. If you are not deploying the app with an MDM system, there is no way to have the device automatically trust the developer. The user will have to do it manually. However, once they trust the developer after the first app install, other apps installed that are created with the same developer account and same production distribution certificate should be automatically trusted as well, until all apps from that developer are removed from the device. If you are using an MDM system, most of them can set the trust automatically.

First of all, tks a lot for your comment! Do you know any vendor of a MDM Solution? We dont want to create something from scratch..

We don't use MDM, so I don't have experience with any of them. You said you don't want to have "control" over the user's devices; I'm not sure if any of the MDM solutions can just install apps without also having more control of the device than you or your users are willing to accept. Apple has Profile Manager, which is part of OS X Server (see here). For other providers, just use your favorite search engine and search for "mdm solutions", and you should get plenty of results of comparisons, vendors, etc.

Hi,

Did you manage to find something to solve the problem? We are facing the same issue and were wondering if there is a good solution to that.

Also, I am wondering if we deploy the MDM solution, do we need to configure user iPhones to use/trust it...