Rejected "4.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality"

Hi all

My second app, and its rejected as well..

It’s a converter from old and unused anymore (but always come out around in literature, old recipe, in colloquial terms and so) Russian imperial measures system values to a metric system and vice versa

About 90 different units with description of each

There is no analogues it app store, zounds of converters, though, but not with that old measure system.

App Review:

"We found that the usefulness of your app is limited by the minimal amount of content or features it includes."

"We encourage you to review your app concept and incorporate different content and features that are in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines"

So, I have two questions:

1) I send appeal week ago, but still nothing happen, except appeal initial e-mail from App Review Board. Is that normal? How long it should take to see any activity (app state change, another e-mail etc.)?

2) What I can add to this particular converter app (for specific measure system only), suggest something please, I have no idea. Tetris tab, invaders game section? 🙂

Replies

So you are converting from one system to another - like:

"enter distance in furlongs here 17 furlongs

that's equal to 2.1 miles "

but in your case it's furlongs.

Try using a slider to adjust the value of the input or a picker to enter the value.

Try adding a bibliography of where these units are referenced and some historical content.

Ask yourself - 'why are you interested in converting these units' - use the answer to add interesting features to the app.

RBK, thanks for reply

Actually, it slightly different in my case
User choosing "unit" from and "unit" to with picker view

You can check some screenshots here - https://sazhen.weebly.com (even get beta via testflight)

Today I got response from Apple Review Board “Your app on review” and imidiayeluy “Ready for sale” No more querstions so far :)

Congratulations.

PBK advices could be interesting for a future version.