iOS 12: Bluetooth Pairings not deleted after resetting device settings and/or network settings

How it came to this: since iOS 12 and with an iPhone Xs I am having some disconnection issues with Core Bluetooth.

What I see in Xcode is that after connecting to my BTLE powered dev hardware briefly I get disconnected immediately. This has not happened in this way before and in iOS 11 this was no issue. I took a look at the Bluetooth device list and could not find the device I am developing with in the first place. However, Core Bluetooth attempted to connect to it anyway. I thought something was wrong so I did reset the Network Settings first, and after that was to no avail, I also resetted the system settings. In both cases, the iOS device list had been retained. The resets had no obvious effect on that. Is there another way to clear the Bluetooth pairings?

Note: I recently upgraded from a 7 plus to an Xs by restoring from an iTunes backup. So the hardware was actually never really paired with the new device... Is my dev device somehow internally still in the list explaining why my app tries to connect to the development hardware? I have not

EDIT: I have managed to pair the device consistently but it's only good for one session. Also, in the bluetooth device list there's the ℹ missing on the side of the device which would enable me to remove the device from the list.