Creating sandbox users on Appstore Connect broken?

Hi,

I'm expiriencing problems with logging into the sandbox user accounts that are created with new, fancy "Users and Access" on AppStore Connect that was released this week.

After creating such user, and trying to log in on my iOS 12 device (iPhone X), in the general -> iTunes -> Sandbox user section, it doesn't look like I've logged in. After putting my email & password, I'm still recieving "Sign in" button on this screen.

Also, when I'm trying to use this account inside my app, using StoreKit API's I'm recieving ”Cannot connect to iTunes Store" errors after logging in.

Sandbox account created couple days ago (with old UI) are accessible without a problem (plus they have tick under "Apple Pay" column on AppStore Connect, whilst new accounts doesn't have it)

Have anyone experienced such problems? Is it possible that creating new sandbox users is broken?

Accepted Reply

Amen, garbage box is working again

Replies

We are having exactly the same issue.

Sandbox test users created before "fancy web design" are working fine.

Users created recently are not working; cannot login to iPad in the Settings as Sandbox test user (seems like logging in, but after that Sign In text appears again), and getting "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" error in Xcode from StoreKit API.

These newly created users don't have Apple Pay tick in the column either.

We are about to publish our App, and we had to stop testing because of this issue. We deleted and regenerated certificates, provision profiles etc. We reset iPad. Tried almost every solution suggested in forums. Nothing helped.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Same problem here!

Old users are working, newly created (after sandbox test website design change) users are not working!

Cannot login to iPad Sandbox. Xcode returns “Cannot connect to iTunes store”.

No Apple Pay tick in the user list.

Please someone help to fix this!

We are having the same problem. it started to happen after sandbox user website design change.

Old test users are working. New test users are not working. entering a real email, verifying the apple id, accepting iclouds terms and conditions, resetting iPad, logging out from iTunes, and similar didn't help.

As this is In-Application Purchase testing, we need to create test users continuously. It is very inconvenient, and blocking our progress.

We cannot test our App. Please someone attend to this...

Same problem here!

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/334086

Same exact issue for me.

Same issue for me.

Old accounts are working but I cannot login with new accounts. Also cannot find about 100 of our old Sandbox accounts.

Same issue here in the UK. I've tried creating different sandbox accounts and I've quadruple checked all my code/app settings/etc... still get the same error: "Cannot connect to the iTunes Store".

Perhaps it's an issue with Apple's servers or with the StoreKit framework in iOS 12?

It appears that the issue with sandbox testing is not a server specific issue as the problem is not affecting everyone. In order to investigate this issue, the iTunes Server engineers have asked that bug reports be submitted with more complete information, including a sysdiagnose archive from the device. Such device will show additional information about the problem which a ping cannot.

First, here are the instructions to capture the sysdiagnose archive - please log into the Apple Developer Bug Report Profiles and log web page - <https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/>

If you do this on the test device using the Safari browser, you can install the profiles to the device directly from the web site.

Install the following profiles

1. “App Store/iTunes Store for iOS” profile

2. “sysdiagnose for iOS” profile.

After all profiles are installed, please restart the device.

Please review the instructions for triggering the sysdiagnose profile and how to use iTunes to download the archive file by syncing with the device.

Make sure you are familiar with triggering the sysdiagnose log, then perform the steps to replicate the problem. When the failure occurs, trigger the sysdiagnose profile, wait 5 minutes, then sync the device with iTunes and find the sysdiagnose archive file. While reproducing the problem please capture screenshots showing evidence of the connection failure.

To submit the bug report, please follow these instructions. Please use the Apple Developer Bug Report web page - http://bugreport.apple.com.

After logging in, select the Product “Other”.

Fill out the bug report form. In the description section -

make sure to include the application ID

add a sequence of steps that a new user will take to use the app to find the In-App Purchase item

describe the evidence provided by the app that a network failure occurred. If there is a delayed response, indicate the approximate delay time.

Please include the sysdiagnose archive as an attachment to the bug report.

If you have a TestFlight build of the sandbox version of the app, please send an invitation to “apps_test@icloud.com”. Please include the bug report number in the invitation so that the test engineer knows which bug report to associate with the invitation.

Thank you for your assistance with this matter.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Done!

Radar 45022256

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your reply.

Followed your instructions and submitted bug report: 45037302

Hopefully will be solved soon - this serious bug is blocking our progress at the moment.

Regards,

Evren

Hello,

The same issue happens here in Switzerland. When trying to to a transaction with a sandbox account, the following message is displayed:

"The purchase transaction with the App Store has failed. [...]

Cannot connect to iTunes Store

Reason: n/a"

Is there any update on this bug's resolution?

Hi, we are still having this issue in Singapore, Turkey, and South Korea.

Please submit a bug report as Rich from Apple recommended above, and we hope that it will be resolved soon!

I've also create a bug report in Developer Tools -> App Store Connect section 2 days ago: https://bugreport.apple.com/web/?problemID=44987258

Because my main problem was also occuring when I wasn't using my app ( but just trying to log into my sandbox accoutn in the system settings app, I've garthered sysdiagnose log, and uploaded it into as a comment to this bug report)

Still happening here in the US too. Won't have time to submit a full bug report as suggested until next week but wanted to be sure to keep the issue alive.

I should have read this post more closely - I've submitted bug report rdar://45059292 to document this issue. This same issue is affecting developers implementing StoreKit apps, but not entering the Settings app to set the test user account. I'm hoping that now this issue will be resolved more quickly.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI