eSIM - SMS and Visual Voicemail

Seems to work only on the physical - primary SIM, the eSIM doesn't show SMS or Voicemail using iOS 12.1

Manual Installation of the eSIM ... Activation QR needed to be read by a third party QR reader, the Apple Camera and the one in the eSIM setup didn't work.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thank You

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of LFrank Down vote post of LFrank
6.2k views

Replies

in addition it seem to be related that iMessage is not activating on the eSIM

What service are you using that actually allowed activation of the esim?

I'm on Vodafone.de

How did you read the eSIM with another reader, respectively, what did you do with the string that the QR reader displayed to activate the eSIM? I have this issue here with an Austrian carrier: got the QR code, but the iPhone claims it can't activate that carrier.

Called up the carrier, and they said that must mean that Apple's eSIM isn't GSMA standard compliant.

But maybe it's just the QR reading that off, so how did you activate? Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply

I used "Scan - QR-Code" from the Appstore, scanning the matrix gives a string like :
>> LPA:1$man-gto.prod.ondemandconnectivity.com$3NTT---------------------------------------------------4ADJ << 1)

Put "man-gto.prod.ondemandconnectivity.com" into the SM-DP+Adress

and "3NTT---------------------------------------------------4ADJ" as activation code plus the ePIN provided as confirmation code

Hope this helps ...

1) made it abbreviated by "--"

Hi Frank.

Did you found solution in regards SMS?

I’m also on Vodafone.de (Berlin). Everything is working except SMS.

At the moment I found just one solution – insert physical SIM to old iPhone and forwarding SMS to other devices.

Some said that solunion could be if set eSIM as default for SMS (through USSD command), but I do’n know how.

Found solution on Vodafone.de:

SMS und MMS

Sie können nur mit einer der UltraCards SMS und MMS empfangen und versenden. Voreingestellt ist dafür die UltraCard-Hauptkarte. Das ist in der Regel die Vodafone-Karte, die Sie schon haben. Sie können dafür aber auch ein anderes Handy einrichten.

So richten Sie ein Handy für SMS und MMS ein:

1. Schalten Sie das Handy ein und geben Sie die PIN ein. 2. Drücken Sie die Tasten

3. Sie senden und empfangen jetzt Ihre SMS und MMS mit diesem Handy. Diese Einstellung sehen Sie auch im Display.