8 Replies
      Latest reply on Nov 13, 2018 10:22 AM by Universalis
      polymonster Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

xcode 10 is consistently crashing immediately after opening quotes after #include, the crash will also happen when modifying any text within quotes next to an include. It's as though the auto complete is crashing.

I have tried this on multiple projects, deleted and regenerated xcode projects using premake and also deleted all derrived data. The same issue still occurs.

It is much more debilitating than I first anticipated, I am having to copy and paste includes from another text editor which is far from ideal and even with this workaround I am still without thinking going to add an include and encountering a crash.

Anyone else experiencing this issue, any known decent workaround or fix or any eta on a proper fix?

Thanks

• Re: xcode10 crashes when typing include
          alexey_k Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have similar issue. When I press ^+space in the #include <...> xcode crashes. Crash log says I have recursive search path like ${PROJECT_DIR}/../path. I wonder why xcode 10 stops resolve such things. With previous versions of the xcode all was fine there. Looks like pure bug in xcode.

Update: BTW - It didn't crash from the beginning. I feel it start doing so after I cleaned up DerivedData folder for some reason.

Update 2: Just checked on other mac with the same project and it crashes from the beginning. So deleting DerivedData has no impact on this issue.

rsodre Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Crashing all the time when editing what's inside the double quotes of a #include statement.

In XCode 9 it never happened, only XCode 10 release version.

Sidelobe Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I can confirm this crash --- happens very often and is EXTREMELY annoying!

It happens when I'm adding an #include statement in a C++ project.

Only happens since Xcode 10 (10A255)

The system console shows this output:

Nov 13 11:40:05 LoMac Console[92607]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[vnode] monitored resource vanished before the source cancel handler was invoked
              Nov 13 11:41:05 LoMac systemstats[56]: assertion failed: 17G65: systemstats + 914800 [D1E75C38-62CE-3D77-9ED3-5F6D38EF0676]: 0x40
              Nov 13 11:41:06 --- last message repeated 7 times ---
              Nov 13 11:41:06 LoMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.dt.SKAgent[92555]): Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9 sent by com.apple.dt.SKAgent[92555]
              Nov 13 11:41:06 LoMac systemstats[56]: assertion failed: 17G65: systemstats + 914800 [D1E75C38-62CE-3D77-9ED3-5F6D38EF0676]: 0x40
                Universalis Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I reported this as a bug #45073608 and it has been closed as a duplicate of 42425247.

Since the crash causes data loss, I recommend that everyone who suffers from it submit a bug report.

I found it was happening more with "<...>" headers than quoted ones, but that may be spurious.

My own workround – annoying but safe – is to hit Return after "#include", so that it looks like this:

#include
                <UserNotifications/UserNotifications.h>

and then to backspace at the start of the second line once you have finished editing. Less bother than opening a separate editor.