Scrolling broken for WKInterfaceTable when paged

I've made a video of the bug here: https://streamable.com/olxm8

This repros consistently on several WatchKit apps we're working on and the above is a video with the simplest code. If you put a WKInterfaceTable and have it paged, drag scrolling is broken. Everything seems to scroll up a few pixels and catch, going under the rest of the UI. If you do another scroll gesture the table itself scrolls properly. Scrolling with the crown seems to do the right thing.

This repros in watchOS 5 and Xcode 10. We didn't have this bug when using watchOS 4 and Xcode 9.

Anyone else running into this have a workaround? We've been trying to fix this for almost a week now with no luck.

Replies

WKInterfaceTable and have it paged

Do you mean set Item Pagination ? Or something else ?

Could you show the code ?

If this is a project that you migrated from an earlier XCode, it could be that XCode did not translate it properly. I had an issue with a TableView where the only solution was to recreate the Interface Controller in the storyboard. As far as I can tell, the new version is identical to the old one, but the problem was solved.

I've reproduced the issue in a clean project from scratch in Xcode 10.

Here's a code sample isolating the repro to the basics:

https://github.com/SneakycrabGit/pagedbugdemo

I am also having this issue. Were you able to find any solution?

I've noticed another annoying issue with adding the paged navigation - in my case it creates an undesirable inset. Did you file a bug report?

I have the exact same issue for a WKInterfaceTable within a set of paged interfaces.

With some testing in the simulator, I think it only applies to Series 4 devices.

Trying a Series 3 Watch on watchOS 5 is fine, so it doesn't seem to be systemwide on watchOS 5. Possibly something to do with the new rounded edges? I'm going to try and isolate it and then possibly file a radar if it occurs outside of my project.

I'm using a temporary workaround wich is to add an empty row at the last position of the table.

This row has an height of 28 points and the same background color as the table.

It's not a good fix as I still get the "glitch", but it's alowing our users to use the last cell which was being hidden.