Missing Provisioning Profile when archiving...

When I archive my updated project for distribution to the App Store I get the following error:

App Store Connect Operation Error

ERROR ITMS-90174: "Missing Provisioning Profile - Apps must contain a provisioning profile in a file named embedded.mobileprovision."

And on the Review pop-up I get the following info:

Team: my name

Certificate: iOS Distribution (Expires 13/11/2018)

Profile: None

Symbols: Included

Architectures: armv7 and arm64

However, the Provisioning Profile (Development) does exist and it matches the Bundle Identifier in the project. I've updated the project several times before and not had this issue.

My question is, can i delete the current Provisioning Profile in my Developer Account and create a new one and update my live app using this new profile? I don't want to delete the current profile only to find that I needed that specific profile to make any change to the app.

Appologies if this is a basic question, but this is my first app so I'm still learning.

Thanks all 🙂

Replies

Hi,

Access https://developer.apple.com/account

1 - Certificates, IDs & Profiles

2 - Provisioning Profiles

3 - Distribution

4 - Add Button ➕

5 - Distribution -> App Store -> Continue

6 - Choose Apple Id -> Continue

7 - Select certificates -> Continue

8 - Set Profile Name -> Continue

9 - Download

10 - In Xcode -> Product -> Archive, In Re-sign "App Name" make option Manually manage signing -> choose the Distribution certificate and import your provisioning profile downloaded on step 9.

Sorry for my English, I'm from Brazil

The same issue starting today, @joelsonrocha solution did not work for me

Hi,

In my case, I could upload my app to APP Store Connect in the following way.

In XCode,

[File] > [Project Settings] > Build System → Legacy Build System

Hi,
I have the same issue. We exported ipa from an external software. I created provisioning profile. I even tried to add it into ipa file.
And used Transporter App. But nothing worked so far.
I have the same issue and I am using Transporter. Please help.