Watch 4, Watch IOS 5.1, Activity Issues

Have a Watch Series 4, running Watch OS beta 5.1. Noticed that the activity ring standing hours do not correspond with clock hours as it has always done. Today, for example, I’ve reached my standing goal of 12 hours, by 6 pm. However,according to the activity monitor, my first standing hour occurred between 3 am and 4 am, and my last standing hour occurred between 2 pm and 3 pm. I don’t wear my watch at night, and I didn’t arise until between 6 am and 7 am, and my watch didn’t notify me of ring closure until between 5 pm and 6 pm. It appears that the ring progress bar thinks I’m about 3 hours earlier than I really am. Strangely, the movement and exercise rings seem accurate.

Anyone else notice this problem on the Watch 4 or earlier models.

Accepted Reply

Looks like Apple knows this is a problem and resolved it with a patch WatchOS 5.0.1. Unfortunately for you 5.1 does not include this patch and we cannot downgrade. Looks like we will be waiting for a patch equal to or greater than 5.1 in order to receive these fixes. WatchOS 5.0.1 fixes three issue: Fixes an issue that caused a small number of users to see an increase in exercise minutes Addresses an issue that caused some users to not receive Stand credit in the afternoon Fixes an issue that could prevent Apple Watch from charging

Replies

Looks like Apple knows this is a problem and resolved it with a patch WatchOS 5.0.1. Unfortunately for you 5.1 does not include this patch and we cannot downgrade. Looks like we will be waiting for a patch equal to or greater than 5.1 in order to receive these fixes. WatchOS 5.0.1 fixes three issue: Fixes an issue that caused a small number of users to see an increase in exercise minutes Addresses an issue that caused some users to not receive Stand credit in the afternoon Fixes an issue that could prevent Apple Watch from charging

Thanks. I can wait until it gets rolled up into a later beta.

Mrf

Looks like Apple just pushed out WatchOS 5.1 Beta 2. Downloading it to my watch now hopefully they incorporated the fixes from 5.0.1 into 5.1 beta 2.

5.1 β2 did not fix this issue. What I've noticed is that Runkeeper misdentified a morning run as PM and logged in Workouts. This caused Watch OS to start display standing hours 12 hours later and nothing in between. Never happend before and only at this time did I see it happen.

Could you also tell me if only is seeing the Activity Rings (off centre and to the left) i have attached a picture of this (not sure if picture will show). I have another device showing the activity rings centred and all is fine on 5.0.1 (

Hi Mrfearless (and others hitting this issue),

Please update to Beta 3 (released today) and let us know if your Stand credit hour charts are improved.

Thanks!

-nick