Mojave GM?

Was macOS 10.14 beta 11 the GM version? I'm currently running that version on my iMac. When I ask for any updates it tells me I'm running the most recent version even if the final version has been released today.

Accepted Reply

Yes. Beta 11 was the GM.

It had a lower build number than the public release.

But on one of my computers I did not update beta 11 to public release.

I kept beta 11 to see if it would update directly to 10.14.1 beta 1.

It did and so beta 11 was indeed a GM.

The other pre-release betas would not update directly to 10.14.1 beta 1.

That is what distinguishes a GM from other pre-release betas - the ability to update to a point release.

Replies

Go to the App Store search Mojave download full istaller install it. This will then update Build 1A839 to the released version 1A841. Software update wont find it. Remember to set mac not to receive further beta updates unless you want to continue getting all the “.1~ betas”

hope this helps

Im also facing the same , i try to update from the MAC Store , still getting the Build 1A839 , im not able to get the offical relase

You need to search for Mojave and download the full app then install it also remove set for beta seeds

I tried installaing from app stroe after searching , after completing the installation also still beta 11 is shown ,

How can I remove the set for beta seeds ?

i cannot download it, when i try to update from beta 11 the download start anda after i see "error update not available"

in settings software update Underneth it says this mac is enroled in delevoper seed program Details.
Click Details
A box opens then click restore defaults

go to app store

in sech box type Mojave

On Mojave click view

Then get

a box in software updates apears asking are yo sure you want to download macOS

click download

Yes. Beta 11 was the GM.

It had a lower build number than the public release.

But on one of my computers I did not update beta 11 to public release.

I kept beta 11 to see if it would update directly to 10.14.1 beta 1.

It did and so beta 11 was indeed a GM.

The other pre-release betas would not update directly to 10.14.1 beta 1.

That is what distinguishes a GM from other pre-release betas - the ability to update to a point release.