Carplay: transition to now playing

Hello everyone,

I'm developing an app which integrates Carplay. Is a simple audio app for a local radio station.

Following the guide Apple sent me along with the grant for audio entitlements, I successfuly build my CarPlay interface with tabs and lists.

To manage the stream, the carplay interface uses an existing audio service, which work perfectly.

And every time the playableContentManager func is hit, launchs the correct stream.

The problem is the transition to the Now Playing window: every item I select either the main radio stream or one of the podcast (which are them self a stream btw), the Now Playing Window appear for a short period, then transition back to the previous list.

The "Now Playing" button appear on the top right, and I need to click it again to "stay" in the Now Playing window.

I can't figure out how to stay on the first, important, tap.

I found this thread on this very same forum, and I have to do the same thing, disabling and enabling again remote control events to show the Now Playing info:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/291641#291641

but with this strange behavior.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

Did you ever figure this out? Having the same problem here. The "remote control events" dance leads to the NowPlaying appearing in the simulator, but it does not in a real car.