Core nfc not working in iPhone 7plus after updating the software iOS from 11 to 12

I was using the iphone 7puls with OS 11, the core nfc works very good and able to detect the nfc labels.

But now updated the software to OS 12 the core nfc was unable to detect the nfc labels, even tested the couple of app-store nfc applications has the same behavour unable to detect.

Kindly, request for any help on this issue.

Replies

I tried our Core NFC sample code (download here: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/corenfc/building_an_nfc_tag_reader_app ) on iOS 12 and it worked fine for me. Can you please give that a try?

If the sample doesn't work with your tag, could you please file a bug report about this at <https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting> and post the bug number here?

We might need a sample tag as well as a focused sample project.

Thanks,

--gc

We have raised bug ID: 45040084

Can you review and let us know...

Thanks!

We really need to have a response on this!!! In the midst of launching our new app... this issue has shown itself. Customers are awaiting our app on the app store!!! Please!

I don’t think there’s anything that we can do for you in this context. This change in behaviour will have to be investigated by the CoreNFC engineering team.

You should have just received a request for more information via your bug report. I recommend that you respond to that as soon as possible.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

I'm have the same problem and no resolution upgrading to 12.1

I'm have the same problem

I recommend that you file your own bug about this. It’s possible that it’ll get dup’d to davidfrompalmetto’s bug, but it’s also possible that there’s multiple issues in play here.

When you do file your bug, please reproduce the problem then grab a sysdiagnose log immediately after that, and attach that log to your bug report. For more information about sysdiagnose logs, see our Bug Reporting > Profiles and Logs page.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hello,

I've an iPhone 7 and I've a problem with all nfc tag reader apps too. It detects the tag but get an error response. Same apps with same tags work on iPhone X, I only get this problem with my iPhone 7, so maybe an iPhone 7/7 Plus bug.

Best regards

Has this issue been resolved? I've been having issues with my Apple Pay not working on my iPhone 7 Plus for years. It works when shopping online, but not with any retail reader. The geniuses at the Apple Store couldn't figure it out, so I gave up trying to use it at retail months ago. However, I just got an Apple Card and would like to take advantage of Apple Pay convenience now. However, it doesn't work. My partner often shops with me and when I can't get my Apple Pay to work, he trys on his iPhone X and it works just fine, which makes me think it's an issue with my model of iPhone. Again, it works fine with online shopping, just never at retail.