Long "in review" time suggestions

Hi,

So my business partner and I are seeking advice for what we should do because our app has been "in review" for a long time now. So backstory incase this affects review time: earlier this year, maybe around May, we submitted a version of our app for review. This build was rejected for an invalid binary (this is the first app we are making and are learning as we go). I promptly fixed this and the app was approved within a few hours. We then rejected this version because we decided to make some changes and wait on some marketing things we were working on.

Now we get to September and were ready to officially launch. No big changes were made to the app, just fixing a few bugs and updating our backend. We had everything set and submitted the build for review on the 4th which was put into "in review" status on the 5th. We were planning to launch on the 17th, figuring the last version was approved quickly so we would have plenty of time. We get to the weekend before our launch, still no approval so I email the review team for an update. They gave me the same generic email I'm sure many have gotten when asking about their review status.

I then submit an expedited review request because because we had a whole event set and venues booked. Never got any response, not even a confirmation email, so maybe it didn't go through. I tried the form again a few days later to re-submit an expedited review. Still no word. I followed up with an email because I was unsure if my request was actually made or what. I was just really confused at this point. Today I got an email, 15 days since going into "in review" saying my ER requests were declined and that I recieved an email notification (which I looked in junk mail and everything and can't find). They also tell me the app is still in review and it needs additional time.

Is this normal? Could there be an issue with my app? Should I re-submit my latest build which made some minor fixes to things? We are really at a loss on what to do since we don't have a lot of information to go off of from the review team.

Replies

>I promptly fixed this and the app was approved within a few hours. We then rejected this version because we decided to make some changes and wait on some marketing things we were working on.

I'd wonder if that was flagged as process abuse. Might be they are just slowing you down so you can be sure of what you intend.

Also, _never_ count on pre-planned post-approval schedules - get the app in the store, first, then pull the trigger on any related marketing schemes etc.

Update: it was just approved but 15 days still seems like a long wait time with no information given to why.

Note to you and others: Expedited review requests are intended for fixing critical bugs in apps that are already on the App Store. They're NOT intended to be used because you're in a schedule crunch.