EKG/ECG data?

Now that the Apple Watch 4 has been announced, when will the docs be updated so we can get the EKG/ECG data?

Replies

We've been wondering the same. Interestingly, in one of the slides shown during the September 12, 2018 event, a line of text reads, in part, "25 mm/s, 10 mm/mV, Lead I, 512Hz, iOS 12.1 . . . "

Hopefully once ios12 launches.

So, iOS 12 is released but I couldn't find anything about this in docs. Hope to see something about that whey Apple Watch Series 4 will be released...

+1 got the latest xcode and sdks, nothing changed in the healthkit type identifiers. are they not going through healthkit to store the ecg data?

Looks like since ECG is not available at launch we may get an update to SDK or iOS before it's available?

Are there updates on this issue? Is ECG data still not available?

It is not in the new 5.1 general release either

Was anyone able to get to the ECG data stored in healthkit? Now that the ECG functionality has finally launched...

Are there updates on this issue? Is ECG data still not available? Can we read ECG data from healtkit with new SDK release?

+1
I also have a strong interest to get my hands on the ECG-data stored in HealthKit. Are there any updates or at least a roadmap?

Has anyone checked to see if it is just metadata saved on the existing heart rate sample type? I don't own a series 4 to confirm/deny.

I'm also interseted in getting ECG data from HealthKit - is there a timeline from Apple?

Hi,

I am looking at capturing the ECG "Float" metadata for straight through processing for an app I am developping.

I have contacted Apple twice without any concrete answer.

Pls help.

Thx,

H

It has been one year since the original post, apple watch series 5 released and iOS 13 is out (beta), but still there is no access to stored ECG data and no answer on if there is a plan on giving access in future.

Why there hasn't been any response from Apple? I am also trying to find a way to read ECG data from HealthKit. if anyone has any information or updates about this, please post it here. Thanks.