Cannot create remote branch on Bitbucket

I'm running Xcode 10. I added my Bitbucket Cloud account to Xcode. I take the following steps in Xcode:

1. Create a new project with a local git repository.
  2. Open the Source Control navigator.
  3. Right-click on the Remotes folder and choose Create Remote to open the sheet to create the remote.
  4. Choose my Bitbucket account from the Account menu.
  5. Click the Create button.

After clicking the Create button an alert opens saying that an unknown error occurred.

I get this error when creating both public and private Bitbucket repositories. The error also occurs when I use HTTPS and SSH. The error also occurs if I'm signed in to Bitbucket in my web browser when creating the remote branch.

I am able to push projects that are already on Bitbucket with no errors. I can also create remote branches on GitHub for new projects.

What do I have to do to create a remote Bitbucket branch from Xcode?

Accepted Reply

The issue was that my repository name had uppercase letters in it. When I made the repository name all lowercase letters, I was able to create the remote repository.

Replies

Dear szymczyk

I've got the same question and it stops the development of the app. If you got any forward improvements and solutions please share it with us.

Regards, 31545

I have no solution on how to do it in Xcode.

The workaround is to do what you would do in previous Xcode versions. Go to Bitbucket, create a new repository, click the I have an existing project link, and run the commands Bitbucket tells you to run from the command line.

The issue was that my repository name had uppercase letters in it. When I made the repository name all lowercase letters, I was able to create the remote repository.