How do I know if the user has provide rating?

Hi,

How do I know if the user has provided any rating for my app? I want to stop showing the rating dialog box to this particular user if they have provided the rating.

Thanks

Irfan

Replies

Any info on this will be really helpful!

Thanks

I give the user a choice - 'review now', 'remind me later', 'never remind me again'

When you use the SkStorereviewController.requestReview() I believe that it handles that for you; I think they only show it 3 times per user during a 365 day period. I could be wrong but I think I read that somewhere in the documentation.

• yes, you are right. Apple mention in documentation

Add a Comment

Yup I was right. They just don't want it hooked up to a button because sometimes it wont display the dialog box. I.e. "Click here to rate my app". Probably best to call this function at a good time like after a user completes a task or level or something like that. I don't think that you can actually see who has rated or reviewed the app with this API; my assumption is that they don't want you to incentize a user for rating/reviewing your app. I hope that helped you out a little bit.

Presenting the user with a request for an App Store review using

SKStoreReviewController
is a good way to get feedback on your app. However, you should be aware that the prompt will only be displayed to a user a maximum of three times within a 365-day period. Choosing when and where to display this prompt is critical to your success using this API.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/storekit/skstorereviewcontroller/requesting_app_store_reviews

• Thanks! This will be useful. :)

Add a Comment

Okay, this approach supports the Irfan question. However, is there any way of knowing whether the user has issued the revision or just cancelled it?
Consider the scenario where I can release some reward or functionality if the user did the review.
Tks,

Flavio

Quoting the App Review Guidelines:

Apps must not force users to rate the app, review the app, download other apps, or other similar actions in order to access functionality, content, or use of the app.

Hey, by what criteria does apple track that a review has been requested 3 times per user ?