Sample Privacy Policy

Does anyone have a sample privacy policy for an app that does not collect any information?

My app doesn't collect any user data or connect to anything on the user's device (contacts etc). It doesn't even need an internet connection. It is a wholly contained app using only the files contained within it. I see that we are all being required to post privacy policies, and all of the ones I read talk about collecting data.

Any one have a sample they are willing to share?

• We are stuck at app rejection due to privacy policy. We are an online radio app, which gives ratings of listeners, we need to collect atleast name, gender, phone number, city to share the relevant channels but we do not use this data any where in our reporting, reporting is done based on city with general sample population as base. Our app is being rejected on the premise that we are collecting data of consumers, which is not required, but our business model can not work and the app does not stay relevant if we do not show relevant city channels. Need help to resolve this

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

> my current policy states that the data

'the data' is the key phrase. Perhaps you mean 'states that _no_ data is collected or stored...'...? 'the data' makes it sound like something the user provided.

Did you receive a rejection? What did it say, exactly. Can we see your current policy?

And yes, we know that a PP is mandatory for all apps now.

Replies

I meant to add, based on my research and samples, my current policy states that the data is not collected or stored. If anyone has another suggestion, I'd appreciate it.

> my current policy states that the data

'the data' is the key phrase. Perhaps you mean 'states that _no_ data is collected or stored...'...? 'the data' makes it sound like something the user provided.

Did you receive a rejection? What did it say, exactly. Can we see your current policy?

And yes, we know that a PP is mandatory for all apps now.

I don't collect user data in any of my apps. I do receipt validation, but that's about it. I also serve ads in some iOS apps. Making indy devs prepare this for every app is kind of ridiculous. Plus the App Store should let me paste it in to a text field and host the policy, I shouldn't have to host the site (plus this would prevent a developer from changing the Privacy Policy in between app versions).

Maybe require an app to have a Privacy Policy if user count is over x amount. Do people actually read these things ever?

> Do people actually read these things ever?

I used to. Now I don't. Seems more security theater than concrete protection... mandating it across the board doesn't make me feel any better.

Sort of like where a group demands a purity pledge from it's members, and the individual signs up just to get them off their back.

Pretty sure it's strictly due to CYA pressure from legal. The least legal could do is draft a policy that makes them happy, and as you say, host it, instead....heck, weave it into the iTUNEs eula & dev program agreement and done.