An Unexpected 'eGPUOverrides' Message in the Console Log

Folks;

After succcessfully parsing the MAS Recipt in main.m, my app normally proceeds on to 'awakeFromNib'.

However, when running in Mojave, after the main.m but before the normal 'awakeFromNib' I'm seeing this:

2018-09-02 21:33:07.849779-0700 XYZ[2006:472429] [default] Unable to load Info.plist exceptions (eGPUOverrides)

My dev box is an aging iMac that has never had any eGPU attached to it.

I am using the Xcode 10.0 (10L2323m) command line tools...

What causes this message?

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from occurring on some future customers machine?

Is the presence of this message a potential risk in the Mac App Store?

A link pointing to any documentation that I might have missed on this would be deeply appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

Replies

Hi Steve, did you ever found out what was the cuase? Having the same issue.

SteveC,

I am seeing this as well and don't know why. For me it only seems to be showing up in Xcode and I don't see it when I run the app outside of Xcode and look in the Console logs. I submitted my app last night. It is in the "Waiting for Review" stage and so far it hasn't raised any app store flags. If you figure out what this error is all about, please update us.

Edit--my app has been approved.

Jana

janabanana;

Gald to hear you got approved -- was that with High Sierra or Mojave?

The issue continues for me with the Mojave GM...

This was with Mojave.

Same here. Mojave on MacBook 2015, Xcode 10. Dark or Light mode (doesn't matter). Happens (only) after upgrading to Mojave even for a newly created Cocoa app (macOS target), built and run locally. Message displayed in Xcode's Output window (Target output) at app start time: "[default] Unable to load Info.plist exceptions (eGPUOverrides)". Cleaning build, restarting Xcode, and restarting the Mac don't solve the issue.

Note: as expected (since its Target output), if I run the app from terminal (with output enabled to the terminal itself - confirmed by just "print"-ing something from code), I don't see the warning, so it seems to be related with Xcode integration, and we can probably ignore it.

I am see the same thing, right after upgrading to macOS Mojave.

I am stuck right here and Xcode gives me the same thing in the console.

The same issue here after upgrading to Mojave.

Same here... Program launch but window stay black (in C with SDL).

I see this message too, but seems like it's not an problem. I mean program works ok it's just displayed on the program start and nothing crashed… Like additional information so all works ok. I use swift, BTW

I'm seeing this too and my CloudKit support app is dead in the water as a result.

Hi

I filed a bug report. Hopefully, Apple will get on this right away becuase it does cause issues. I have a macOS app which supports two CloudKit apps. But it doesn't upload records now becuase of this issue. I had to do it by hand last night. So, this is a real problem, not just some message to be ignored.

Well, today the app works, but I get a number of console messages that I'm sorting through including the message posted in this thread.