CGPath::Sequence and Malloc leak

Hi everyone,

I've currently working on a SpriteKit game and been battling leaks, so far so good I've been able to plug a few but the following which I've attached images below have left me flummoxed. I'll be honest and chalk it up to being inexperienced with tracking down bugs and I'm hoping someone here has experienced this sort of thing or can point me in the right direction.

The CGPath sequence and Malloc leaks the memory debugger is reporting isn't giving me any clue (at least not one I recognize) to figuring out where the issue originates from, it must be said that there is nowhere in my code that am directly using malloc, the other places am using anything remotely close to CGPath is when I create a UIBezierPath or which it's released once done with; otherwise the object containing the UIBezierPath should be reported as a leak itself (if am correct). Any help is greatly appreciated.

note: I've selected some of the leaks and collapsed the drop down arrow on the last image. The images displayed in the mid section of XCode doesn't tell me anything about the owners of the object or whom is retaining it.

Replies

Unfortunately, this forum doesn't display inline images, so we can't see the information you provided.

oh my, how can I get the images up? As I don't have a way of providing a link to them besides trying to put them here. 😟

The only way to do it is to find a publicly visible site or location to post them. Otherwise, you'll have to relying on describing in words what they represent.