player authentication is caching old bundle ID

when I try to authenticate my player (GKLocalPlayer.localPlayer().authenticateHandler) i get the error "status = 5019, no game matching descriptor: macos:org.my.game" the problem is this "org.my.game" bundle identifier is not the same as the bundle identifier specified in my target. in fact it's a previous identifier. i can change the target bundle identifier to any arbitrary string and it doesn't effect the descriptor listed in the error. so is xcode and/or Game Center caching an old identifier for some reason? how can i force Game Center to authenticate me using the bundle identifier in my target? (i've tried all the obvious solutions such as clearing derived data in xcode. i've also confirmed that my desired bundle identifier exists as an App ID in my developer account, as well as having the correct bundle identifier in App Store Connect. Game Center is activated in App Store Connect and in my xcode target's capabilities.)

Replies

The cache would be on the device and associated with teh Game Center user. Have you logged out of the Game Center on the device and deleted the old installations of the app on the device?