Affiliate income for Apple Music subscriptions?

I have a working affailiate account for apps and iTunes content. By using SKCloudServiceSetupViewController with the SKCloudServiceSetupOptionsAffiliateTokenKey and SKCloudServiceSetupOptionsCampaignTokenKey option keys, will I get affiliate income when users subscribe to Apple Music through my app? Or is there something else I need to do?

Replies

Affiliate Commissions and Payments

In which countries can I earn commission?

The affiliate program is available in many countries all supported in one dashboard. Visit our Resource site for the list of countries we currently support.

How much commission will I earn?

iTunes Music, Movies, TV, App Store, or iBooks

As an affiliate, you can earn a commission on revenue generated by encoded links. Commissions are eligible on sales for up to 24 hours after a user clicks on your iTunes link.

Movies, TV, Mac Apps, Mac In-Apps, iBooks, and paid apps earn a 7% commission rate while iOS In-App purchases and iTunes Music earn a 2.5% commission rate.

Important Note: A detailed chart with our full program commission structure is also available on our Getting Started page. Starting on October 1st, 2018, commissions for iOS and Mac apps and in-app content will be removed from the program. For more information, please refer to our Affiliate Blog Post.

Apple Music

You can earn a one-time 100% commission on the first month of a user’s subscription to Apple Music. Commissions are eligible on sales for up to 30 days after a user clicks on your Apple Music link.

Not all types of memberships are available in all territories or to all customers, and Apple may add or remove membership types and the availability of its services in any territory at any time. Individual and Family Memberships are available in 115 countries while Student Memberships are available in 114 countries. Read here to see a current list of countries for student membership availability.

You will earn commission on sales less any local taxes imposed, such as sales tax or VAT. Per the program terms, products and services eligible for a commission are subject to change without notice at Apple’s sole discretion.

Commission Rates

Per the program terms, products and services eligible for commission are subject to change at Apple’s discretion. We review program rates periodically, making appropriate changes based on market conditions.

How do I know how much money I’ve earned?

You can run reports on sales, commissions, clicks and conversion rates through your affiliate account dashboard.

How do I set up my payment information?

As an affiliate, you can choose to receive payment via your banking institution or in the form of iTunes Store Credit.

Important Note: iTunes Store Credit is available for payout in United States dollars or Japanese yen only. Learn more about this payment option by reading our iTunes Store Credit FAQ.

To set up payment via your bank:

1. Log into your PHG dashboard, go to Settings > Payment Method.
  2. Choose to be paid out in a single currency or multiple currencies by clicking on “Add Payment Method”, select your tracked currencies, and your paid currency preferences.