Cannot restore my MacBook

I have my MacBook Air upgraded to macOS mojave. Recently, I reinstalled the Mac hard disk with the backup in my external hard disk.

Everything was fine. The reinstallation was completed. But in the login page, I do not have any users for me to choose, only ‘update needed’ and a box for me to fill in password.

I typed in the password correctly, it seemed to work for ten sec, but soon, it black out, follow with a circle with a slash, finally an Apple logo. But soon, the logo is gone, only few lines is left, saying that your computer is restarted due to some issue, it leads me back to the original ‘updated needed’ page. The cycle goes over and over again.

I don’t know what is going on.

I did tried to press command + R during restart and went to the recovery page. But all four choises are not working.

I cannot reinstall from backup because the disk has to be erased by ‘Disk Utility‘

I cannot download macOS High Siera because a new version is already in the disk.

I cannot erased the disk with ’Disk Utility’ for whatever reason.

Now, I am hanging there, doing nothing.

I hope someone can come up with a solution.

Replies

Try again using internet recovery.

option + command + r

Right now, when I try to reinstall macOS, I can choose macOS Mojave Beta. But in the last 2% of the update, it said that ’cannot create a preboot volume for APFS install.’

My time machine backup is in macOS 10.14 (18A314k).