Apple Pay & In-App Purchase

I wanted to know how would I set up Apple Pay in my app, and also in-app purchases. I already have the prices I want. So how would I do this? I have my app set up so you select a type of ride and ride length then it takes you to a PriceView where it shows what you selected and how much it cost. I want it so that when you are in the PriceView and you tap the book button it asks you to pay.

Replies

If you are using IAP you do not need to set up Apple Pay.

If you are using Apple Pay you do not need to set up IAP.

You need to use IAP if you are selling things that will be used in the app. The guidelines are here:

https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#in-app-purchase

My app is like Uber so would that be IAP or Apple Pay

Your app is doing two things.

One is establishing a connection between a user and a driver over the app - that is all within the app. If you are charging for that, it is IAP.

The second is purchasing a real world service from the driver to drive from Brooklyn to Manhattan - if you are charging for that it is Apple Pay or some other credit card service, not IAP.

• We have paid courses in the application and the app is designed using WebView and normal payU and HDFC payment gateways are implemented in WebApp to reflect the same in mobile applications. Now apple is asking to implement IAP.

Can we implement Apple pay in web application to purchase the courses so the same will be reflected in mobile app even?

Please do help me with the information. (The application we are using will be mostly like udemy.)

Add a Comment

We have paid courses in the application and the app is designed using WebView and normal payU and HDFC payment gateways are implemented in WebApp to reflect the same in mobile applications.

Now apple is asking to implement IAP. 

Can we implement Apple pay in web application to purchase the courses so the same will be reflected in mobile app even? 

Please do help me with the information. (The application we are using will be mostly like udemy.)

Hello, seeking advice on IAP and Apple Pay for my app. We have two user types: fans and athletes. Fans can ask text or video questions, or directly tip athletes (referred to as "tips"). Previously used Stripe for payments, but Apple rejected it, advising IAP for digital content transactions. Considering the limitations of predefined IAP products, I'm wondering if Apple Pay could be used for dynamic tipping amounts. Thoughts on the best approach for tipping while asking questions and offering tips? Also, looking to implement a bidding feature with dynamic amounts (a gap in IAP). Appreciate insights on the most effective solution.

note: here tips are donations

please share your thoughts, thank you