Code Signing Error - Requires Provisioning Profile

Hi, I'm new to ios, and I have an xcode project with an error that persists. "Code signing error > Requires provisioning profile". However I followed the instructions on the apple developer page and created a provisioning profile, downloaded it and double clicked it as it states in the directions. However the error still remains, telling me that a provisioning profile is required. Any ideas? Thanks

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

I selected a "target" (im not sure what this means) instead of my project from the drop down, and I now have some different "Signing" options. Still no option for Automatic though. However there is a dropdown that says "Provisioning Profile : None"

so I will try and load my provisioning profile into there and see if that works, will report back. Thanks for the continued assistance KMT much appreciated.

edit: So that seemed to move me along to a new error. "No signing certificate "iOS Development" found". Thanks KMT

Replies

Which version Xcode?

What platform(s) are you building for?

Are you using a paid Developer Program account or trying Xcode's 'free provisioning'?