Why will iTunes connect not take my Simulater screenshots?

I took screenshots of the Simulator for iPad Pro (12.9 inch), but when I try to upload them to iTunes Connect, I get an error messge saying the dimensions are not correct. What is wrong and what do I need to do?

I tried doing the same thing with a screenshot from an actual iPhone 5 device and it wouldn't take it, giving me the same message.

Accepted Reply

When uploading, ASC (App Store Connect...noting that iTunes Connect is no more) should tell you the proper dimensions?

It doesn't matter where the screenshot is off of, as long as:

- it is sized correctly: iPad Pro (12.9 Inch): 2732 x 2048 px

- it is in the correct file format: png, no alpha

- it is factual

- it is free of unrelated elements: bezel & status bar

If needed, use Preview to crop/re-size, or just practice getting it right by using cmd/cntrl/shift/4, then drag the target reticle and release to grab, then go to Preview and do 'new from clipboard', then get info and check the size. Keep this up until you understand what part of the screen you want that matches the needed dimensions, then repeat until you have all you want.

Or, buy an application via the MAS that will do everything for you.

Replies

When uploading, ASC (App Store Connect...noting that iTunes Connect is no more) should tell you the proper dimensions?

It doesn't matter where the screenshot is off of, as long as:

- it is sized correctly: iPad Pro (12.9 Inch): 2732 x 2048 px

- it is in the correct file format: png, no alpha

- it is factual

- it is free of unrelated elements: bezel & status bar

If needed, use Preview to crop/re-size, or just practice getting it right by using cmd/cntrl/shift/4, then drag the target reticle and release to grab, then go to Preview and do 'new from clipboard', then get info and check the size. Keep this up until you understand what part of the screen you want that matches the needed dimensions, then repeat until you have all you want.

Or, buy an application via the MAS that will do everything for you.