Photos app sync not available in iTunes (Mojave)

Hi,

I can't sync my Photos app library anymore.

From last iOS & Mac OS Betas, I didn't have any problem till one time. So I logged out then logged in again, it worked back.

But few days after, it didn't work at all. I clean installed my whole Mac, made a clean install on my iPhone (both with last betas).

Thern I tried again, but it didn't work again.

Then I tried to create a new Photo Library. Both unavailable to select it in iTunes.

I don't know what to do, I'm totally lost. Plz Help me.

Replies

I do precise I'm on the last public beta on my mac, & last Dev beta on my iOS.

Having the same issue.

Tried so many troubleshooting steps and nothing has worked. I hope the next beta fixes this.

Same here.. this was an issue in the past beta release as well... I sure hope they fix this!

Sadly, last night betas updates didn't fix it.

Hi,

despite tonight's betas (iOS 12 dev11 & OS X public 8). My Fotos lib is still unavailable in itunes.

Hi, Even as a troubleshooting process, I created another user. Try to create a new Foto lib, iTunes still doesn't sync it anymore. What's going on ?

Hello everybody. Despite last updates. Still no sync for Foto. I tried to create another user account, with a new foto lib. Still not working...

Hi everyone. I had to re re re clean install my mac. It’s finally working...

I'm not sure if anyone on this thread is still experiencing the problem with Photos not syncing to iPhone/iPad through iTunes. In my case, "Photos" was not appearing as an option in iTunes.

The solution was very simple for me: Grant "Full Disk Access" privileges to the Photos app in the Security & Privacy pane of your System Preferences.

Procedure:

Open System Preferences

Click "Security & Privacy"

Choose the "Privacy" tab

Click on the lock in the lower left corner to allow you to make changes

Click "Full Disk Access" in the sidebar

Click the + button and add Photos from the Application folder

If Photos was open, you'll be prompted to Quit. Allow Photos to Quit.

Re-start your Mac.

Plug in your iPhone/iPad, go to iTunes. Photos should now be an option when you go to your device's sync settings.

Good luck. Hope this works for you.

Thanks so much !!!

This sparked itself up again on my Mojave installation with the latest iTunes install, and your fix worked like a charm !!

Cheers 🙂