macOS 10.14 BETA 6 Breaks HP Printers

Since updating to BETA 6 I have been unable to print to any of my wireless HP printers. Worked fine before the update and the printers work just fine if I AirPrint to them from an iPhone or iPad, or a Mac running High Sierra.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Replies

I'm getting an error message when trying to work with some models of HP and a model I have from Brother.

"Unable to startup session, error = -10, 1 page

It isn't just HP printers. I'm unable to print to any of my Epson printers either.

same problem for me with my Dymo Label Printers. My HP Printer works fine though... really weird... Has anyone submitted a bug to Apple about this?

Same problem here on a Brother Laser DCP-7065DN.

Tried resetting the print system to no avail too.

Same with beta 6

I submitted a bug report on three Epson printers and a Dymo 4XL label maker running fine up through Beta 5. Fortunately I can still print critical things via Airprint on my iPad.

Isn't it a known issue with this release?

Apple acounced that prining may not work in DP6. A little bit embarrassing, but that's how Apple works these days.

Canon printers are also not working.

What is strange though is that I cannot print on a 2015 Macbook Pro and a 2016 Macbook but CAN on a 2012 Mac Mini - all running the same 10.14 beta 6 release.

Same error here with my printer. It's an Epson WorkForce WF3540 series.

The message in french :

Arrêté - Impossible de démarrer la session, erreur = -10, 1 page.

I hope that they fix this in the next beta...

I am having the same issue with an m2070 and a brother printer. Looks like we have to wait for the next beta release for a fix. Even when resetting "CUPS" does not fix it.

My HP printer (LaserJet Pro M254dw) works fine with everything except printing from Mail. Also, printing to PDF (from Mail) just results in blank pages. So eg. printing from Word is fine, as is printing to PDF from Word.

Having the issue with my MFC-L2707DW , it wont let me print before the lastest update it was printing . I can scan from the same printer but not able to print in any format.

There are multiple bug reports filed with Apple on this issue. I reported mine yesterday and supplied all the necessary information. This afternoon the bug report was marked as a DUPE of several others, and CLOSED with the note that they "are working on it now".

Maybe Beta 7?

Same issue as everyone else.

Am able to AirPrint from my iPhone ( IOS 12.0 (16A5345f) to an AirPrint enabled Canon Printer ( pro-100)

Am also able to print a ‘Test Page’ to the Brother printern ( b/w laser ) from the Printers & Scanners System Preference Panel.

I am able to connect to the Brother printer via ‘Show Printer Webpage’.

Have reset the entire print system.

I did see another posting ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7370019 ) of the same error, but no fix ( from El Capitan ).

Seems odd to release a beta that breaks printing. I uderstand testing during betas, but this isn't an alpha release.

good luck to all.

Yup - none of my printers are working.