Enable multiplayer games with GameCenter between iOS and macOS players

I am trying to create a mulitplatform turn-based game for iOS, macOS and tvOS. I want players to be able to play against one another, regardless of platform. For testing I try to use the iOS simulator and macOS for now.

But it seems impossible for macOS games to be found by iOS and vice versa when using GameKit / Game Center.

I noticed (this is also mentioned in the docs on Apple Developer Connection) that previously it should have been possible to mark games multiplayer compatible in AppStore Connect. But it seems this is not possible anymore? I do realize these docs are outdated, but there doesn't seem to be any newer docs on GameCenter (sadly).

So how would I make my iOS and macOS games compatible with regards to match making?

P.S.: I've also created a topic on StackOverflow regarding this issue - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51692606/enable-multiplayer-games-with-gamecenter-between-ios-and-macos-players

Replies

You could make your own match making using the public database of CloudKit. I believe MacOS can access that either directly or through CloudKitJS.