watchOS 5 beta 5 new mail notifications not working

good afternoon all, as of watchos 5 betas 4 and betas 5 when I receive new email notifiications I stopped receiving them on my Apple Watch.

I checked all the settings many time. I am now believing this is an issue with the last 2 developer betas that were releases.

Can anyone confirm if they are seeing the same isses or have heard of this too?

Is there any work arounds some has heard of?

thanks in advance!

Jonathan K

Replies

Yes. No matter what setting I try... Mirror iPhone, Custom, etc, I only get notifications on the watch if emails come from my VIP contacts.

Same here, reset, unpaired, repaired. No matter what only VIP works.

Hi All,

If you're seeing issues with silent notifications, please update to Beta 7 (released this week) and let us know if that's improved for you. We believe it should be addressed there

If it's still happening for you, please install the Alert Coordination and sysdiagnose profiles, reproduce the issue, and trigger a sysdiagnose to attach to a Bug Report.

Thanks!

-nick

After updating to Beta 7 email notification with sound and haptics is working now... Thanks for improving the system.

Hi rn2ee,

Thanks for confirming your case! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you see this one crop up again.

And, of course, if anyone else still sees this after Beta 7, please let us know.

Thanks,

-nick

Still seeing this in 16R5360a (beta 9). No notifications for email. Series 3, cellular.

It seems that notifications from VIPs work but nothing else.

Agreed, it was slightly better around Beta 7 where they at least showed up in NC, but now nothing at all.

The issue is still present in 16R5363a. Can any others confirm that Mail notifications are actually working?

I’m seeing notifications, but no haptics for Mail

Also with watchOS beta 5 gm no Haptics

Same. Series 3 Cellular

I’m now getting notifications but with no sound or haptic.

Same problem here, latest updates installed

Is somebody from Apple here and can confirm this bug ?