Error: Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code.

Briefly since downloading and installing Xcode 10 beta 5 I have not been able to get any Provisional Profiles to work. In fact, my application fails immediately with the following error message.

Error: Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code.

Interestingly, when I switch on the Automatically manage signing option Xcode generates certificates. However Provisional Profiles can't seem to find certificates.

Honestly, I have tried manually creating certificates as well as profiles with no luck. I have been trying to find a solution since downloading the beta version yesterday.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and or suggestions for possible solutions.

Thank you for your time.

Replies

When it worked before, was it with another beta ?

https://developer.apple.com/support/beta-software/

Submitting Apps

Apps that are created using beta versions of Xcode or that are built for beta versions of an OS will not be accepted on the App Store. Apps that you submit should be developed using the most up-to-date version of Xcode from the Mac App Store and should be built for publicly available versions of iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS — except when GM seeds are available. When a GM Seed of Xcode becomes available, use it to develop your app for submission. When GM seeds of iOS, macOS, watchOS, or tvOS become available, build your app for these versions.