Final update of a legacy app

I want to post one final update to an app that has been on the App Store for years. After submitting the final update to the App Store I want to remove it from sale. I have a number of users, so want to leave them with a robust app that will work well into the future.

Some questions:

1. If I submit the update to the App Store, then immediately remove it from sale... Will the users still be able to get that final update even if the app is no longer on the Store? I want to remove it immediately because I don't want any subsequent sales. It would be very disappointing for a user to buy an app only to have it discontinued a day or week later. The app sells for $29.99

2. If the app has issues in the future, will I be able to offer it for sale again, send another update, then remove it for sale again?

3. If the answer to question 1. is no... is there a way to prevent users from purchasing the app temporarily, while I wait for users to update? In other words, it's still on the App Store, but there is a block on users actually purchasing it.

Thank you!

Accepted Reply

No...yes...no.

Essentially, users can't update if the app is not on the App Store. You'd have to leave the update on the App Store long enough for everyone to update who wants to.

Replies

No...yes...no.

Essentially, users can't update if the app is not on the App Store. You'd have to leave the update on the App Store long enough for everyone to update who wants to.